Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed the point at the end of some of my Brooks Brothers ties is not even, meaning one side is a bit longer than the other. Considering these are by no means cheaply made ties, is this normal/intentional? Should the end of the tie always be even on both sides of the point?

· Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Some of the tips of my vintage ties are not exactly symmetrical. You don't see it in modern ties. Also, if you are silly enough to dry clean a tie, they can press them in such a way that it alters the shape of the tie.

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
First welcome to the forum. Second, while perhaps 80% of my tie collection are BB offerings, I apparently never looked closely enough at the tips of said ties to notice the abnormality to which you refer. However, having just strolled through my closet to examine my ties to look for the condition you describe, on several of the ties it does look as if the right side of the tips (when you would be wearing the tie) of the wide blade of the tie does look to be slightly longer than the opposing side, but certainly not disturbingly so. I can live with it and should anyone dare to point out said construction anomaly while I am wearing one of my beloved ties, I shall simply point out that any perceived flaws in my tie pale in comparison to the obvious flaw in their character! LOL. ;)

Relax...you are making a big thing out of nothing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.