Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am here to ask if any of you would like to share advice/review of good quality tie pins,bars,tacks, tie chains etc.

I am getting married to my beloved husband to be and i would like to offer him these as gifts. I feel pretty lost as for where to look and what to look for. Maybe any gentlemen could guide me the right way here?

Thanks in advance!

·
Honors Member and King Fop
6,020 Posts
Hello

I am here to ask if any of you would like to share advice/review of good quality tie pins,bars,tacks etc.

I am getting married to my beloved husband to be and i would like to offer him these as gifts. I feel pretty lost as for where to look and what to look for. Maybe any gentlemen could guide me the right way here?

Thanks in advance!
Do you know whether he likes these items? I am not sure of the difference, if any, between a tie pin and a tie tack, but I certainly don't like the idea of punching holes my fine ties.

As far as tie bars go, I believe they are useful in certain situations: If your husband-to-be wears coat and tie while riding a bicycle or motorcycle, or if he has a job requiring wearing a tie sans coat. My stepson got a job awhile back in appliance sales that mandated wearing a tie but no coat. At his request I sent him a passel of my little-used and least-favorite ties and added the suggestion that he furnish himself with a tie clip. He remarked that most of his fellow salesmen wore them. However, he never got around to buying one. For the rest, I just think they look "nerdy," not as bad as pocket protectors, but veering in that direction. However, I know some well-dressed gentlemen do favor them.

By way of confession, when I started prep school, I did wear a particularly cheesy-looking tie-bar for a while. In hindsight, I definitely looked nerdy. However, I was 14 years old and that was almost 62 years ago.

·
Registered
27,618 Posts
I like antiques, and I personally rarely wear a tie bar, so I would much prefer a nice pair of antique cuff links, but that's not what you asked. So, in keeping with the momentous nature of the occasion, and the expressed magnitude of your love, here are a couple of accordingly scaled tie bars.

First the fine dress tie bar -

And for something more in keeping with your husband to be's Viking heritage -

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Tiffany has the prettiest ones. They currently have three different ones to choose from. You could have this one engraved for your future husband with his initials, or with some nice words: https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/men...rch&trackpdp=search&fromcid=-1&trackgridpos=1

If you don't want to spend that much for a little piece of silver, you could get him one by David Donahue. Those are sterling silver as well but go for $60.

Tateossian also makes some beautiful ones in silver, although those are comparable in cost to Tiffany's, but you can get them at really good prices from the outlet websites such as Off Fifth.

And of course, vintage ones are always a good option if you check eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.