Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have over 60 ties from almost every name brand made. I have noticed that on the skinny end where it says made in italy,made in U.S.A
etc, every one has either RN or WPL followed by some numbers.Does any of you know what this stands for?
Cheers, Cosmo:drunken_smilie:

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I can find is that it is the style number. No idea on the difference between the two, though.
Hey, maybe your on to something.Is it possible that no matter who make the tie or where the silk came from maybe its the copyright/ownership number of who created the design or print?
Cosmo:drunken_smilie:

· Registered
1,258 Posts
From the Fedral Trade Commision web-site:
"A registered identification number or RN is a number issued by the Federal Trade Commission, upon request, to a business residing in the U.S. that is engaged in the manufacture, importing, distribution, or sale of textile, wool, or fur products. Such businesses are not required to have RNs. They may, however, use the RN in place of a name on the label or tag that is required to be affixed to these products."

WPL= Wool Product Label. The predecessor of the RN number.

· Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you

Thank you Mr V! I looked on the internet and couldnt find that.The whole subject might seem boring to some but, Im interested in all aspects of clothing.

Have a good day, Cosmo:drunken_smilie:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.