Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this vtg Donald Brooks camel hair sport coat last week at a thrift store. It does not have a size tag but seems to fit me well in the shoulders, chest, and waist. Though I think the sleeves and the length could use some work. The first outfit is the Donald Brooks sc, light blue ocbd, PRL dark brown 12 wale cords with 2" cuffs, and Thursday Boot Co. cognac suede chukkas. The second outfit is the same but with Levi 511 dark wash jeans.

So what do you guys think of the fit and the styling of the outfits? I am 5'9" and 145 lbs.
Suit trousers Outerwear Leg Dress shirt Neck
Suit trousers Dress shirt Neck Sleeve Standing

Face Suit trousers Dress shirt Sleeve Collar
Glasses Shoulder Dress shirt Neck Sleeve
Suit trousers Joint Hairstyle Shoulder Dress shirt
Outerwear Shoulder Overcoat Human body Neck

Suit trousers Dress shirt Sleeve Grey Collar

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for your advice. I took the jacket along with several pants and an overcoat to the tailors Tuesday. I post after photos when I get everything back in a couple of weeks.

The tailors observation was that the sleeves of the jacket were slightly too short but advised against lengthening them due to the likelihood of a ring. He substantially took in the jacket which improves the look vastly. I also got the brown cords lengthened and changed to a 1.5" cuff.

mrkleen, I bet Peak meant something different then what you and me are thinking of. Since I have never heard the term wank used as anything but an insult.

Peak, personally I agree with you and think jackets and coats with lapels look odd on men my age and I would never wear that sport coat unless it was called for. That said some situations require more then just a blue dress shirt and khaki wool slacks. Yet a navy blazer would be too formal, that is were something more casual like tweed or camel hair would come in. I personally don't see much if any difference in the formality or age association of camel hair vs tweed. Just that camel hair is a less common fabric to find people wearing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.