Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For $350 sounds like a good deal although I'd prefer a darker color. Right now I have a Croft & Barrow jacket which looks good but is not very warm and a VERY warm parka I bough from a sports shop which is not stylish. Any other brand you'd suggest?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the dark grey one, the reprocessed wool+nylon+poly blend made me very hesitant initially.

I've had it 4 years though and wear it daily in the winter, and there is no wear and tear at all. It's a beast of a coat at 32 oz. wool.
What do you think of it in terms of stylishness?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I enjoy it, especially the colour vs. a typical dark navy peacoat. Pair it with a nice scarf and you've a nice casual coat to last you all winter.

Don't expect a slim fit though, this is a full cut jacket all throughout.

My chest size is 36 inches, and I ordered a 34. I have enough room for a chunky sweater to fit underneath.
I'm the same size as you. Where did you find size 34? Smallest I can find is 36.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought mine from the Schott website.

https://www.schottnyc.com/products/navy-peacoat.htm

I'd recommend e-mailing or phoning CS to get a second opinion for sizing as well.

Also I see you live in VA. Depending on how you plan on wearing it and layering, it may be too warm considering it's 32. oz wool.
Good point. I wear the parka that I have only when the temperature is near or below freezing. Doesn't happen all the time but enough to have warm coat.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
As I said I'm not really satisfied with the Schott. Bloomingdale has this one from Burberry on sale for $760. Looks better, at least in the picture. Do you think it's worth it?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I got this one from Schott. Supposedly made of wool alone for $400.

Here I wore it with the thickest sweater I had. It fitted well however you see how the top button is pressed all the way to the side. Is this "bad"?

Outerwear Dress shirt Human body Sleeve Overcoat

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
It's snug but comfortable. It was comfortable driving to work in it. HOWEVER it's not that warm (compared to a parka for example) even though it's made of 32 z wool and (something that seems to be the case with all peacoats) it exposes so much of my chest to the elements.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.