Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking everywhere for a nicely antiqued shoe that's less than $500. First searched for wholecuts (loved the way how they look) and just got tired finding so many that had one little thing that made me hesitate (AE's Greenwich's brogues, for example). So I just decided to move on from that search. So here's where I think I found something.

Romano's Martegani's Pisa. I found two sites that have it in my size; both with the same price but awesome things like free shipping and other offers. The thing is, are they the same color?

One is at endless:

The other at shoemart: https://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rommpisapisaambergh8.jpg

But the browns look like they're a differen't color. Even advertised as such. Add in 's take, and it goes with the amber. Maybe it's because it's 1am on a Saturday, but am I looking at the three same exact browns for this shoe or is the one at shoemart really lighter?
https://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29178lba1.jpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
Romano's Martegani's Pisa. I found two sites that have it in my size; both with the same price but awesome things like free shipping and other offers. The thing is, are they the same color?
thanks for considering these -

No, they are not.

We have stocked this shoe for almost 5 years now, and the original color was as you see it on the Franco's pic, called 'Amber', and we always did well with it. A few years ago the tannery in France we got that particular color from closed shop, so we turned the color to 'Bombay', which you see in the Amazon pic. Of course, we still had a supply of the original color, so it didn't switch right away, nor all at once.

Amazon/Endless has the true color in stock and it is called 'Bombay'. They have full size runs in their warehouse.

The Shoemart picture is the older 'Amber' color, and take note that (if you prefer this color) Shoemart does not actually hold that shoe in stock...they order direct from our warehouse for their customers, so it would be a low probability that that 'Amber' would arrive. We have advised them a few times of this, but I see they have not changed the picture yet.

Franco's has a mixture of both in stock - and since my wholesale stock is kept in the same building as the retail shop, we can easily tell you if the Amber is still available in your size, or reserve a Bombay color. As a matter of fact, Bombay has been virtually sold out the last 2 months, but we are waiting for a delivery this week of around 36 pair, so we should be good in all sizes.

You are more than welcome to contact me via PM or mail ([email protected] m) and I can handle for you and answer any direct questions.

Thanks-

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.