Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I'm gonna issue an ultimatum, backed up by absolutely nothing: desert boots = sneakers, basically. They're a bit more elegant, but wearing them with a suit is about on par with wearing sneakers with a suit. I wouldn't do either with seersucker. I have done both with a tan poplin suit (brown shoes, though), but I'm an art student wearing a suit when none is needed, so I can do whatever I want.

Bottom line: the most tasteful choice for a shoe to wear with seersucker would be bucks. The most tasteful use for those shoes (in khaki) would be chinos and a polo or madras shirt.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree with the "no" sentiment. With that said - for some reasone I think seersuckers highlight or accentuate the belt / shoe combo. So for me - thats the perfect time to break out the merlot captoe balmorals. The seer sucker poses the risk of costume or at least some type of joke in any situation besides truly conservative southerners in my experience. But with classy shoes - people realize it is a stylish suit! And the jokes turn to compliments...

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Y-Repp is correct that white bucks are a classic choice. Disclosure; today it is over 90 and I am wearing old Florsheim white brouge bucks with a blue/white seersucker. My standards are a bit looser than StephenRG's in that of the shoes on the LL Bean to my mind the khaki bucks are OK.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I'm gonna issue an ultimatum, backed up by absolutely nothing: desert boots = sneakers, basically.
I'll absolutely agree to this, with the note that I have worn my blue suede Ferragamo chukka boots with trousers and a sportcoat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.