Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone else own or wear Theory suits? I love the two I own, one a lighter grey, the other a midnight blue. They fit a bit more tailored and I never have to get the 42R jacket taken in since it fits my wait/chest perfectly (more like a 40R). They tend to always be in my price range ($300-$600), as Ive purchased both at their NYC semi-annual warehouse sales.

Question is, can anyone list a few other brands/suit-makers I might want to check out for similar cuts/fit? I especially like how the lapels on their suit jackets are a bit slimmer but not so much to the point where I cant wear them in a business setting, which I do daily. Bear in mind, Im in my mid-20s and I certainly know of lower-end chains like Zara and H & M, but they seem to be a bit lower quality than Im looking for. Im eagerly anticipating the John Bartlett line this month from Claiborne (suits seem to be between $300-$500), and have seen a few GQ spreads with suits from Kenneth Cole and J. Crew that might fit the bill, but I figured this was the right place to find other suggestions. Much appreciated.

· Registered
2,556 Posts
I have a couple of Theory suits and agree, for the price, they are pretty nice. Got mine at Bloomingdales when they were 60% off retaqil, so around $400.

If you're in NYC try Century 21 for Theory Sportcoats at around $150-$200 and they also have some nicer "fashiony" suits that might fit your bill. I like Armand Basi (a Barcelona based designer) that Centiry tends to carry. His suits can be gotten for around $250.

Again, not superb stuff, but decent value for the $.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.