Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a Turkish tailor (in Turkey) in the early 1980s with 3 metres of beautiful light grey,lightweight woollen suiting that I'd had chosen for me by a Turkish textile engineer.. The tailor came well recommended and with a real name of Ismael Altin El which translates literally as Ismael Golden Finger I expected great results. Alas, the result was abysmal. Despite several fittings it was as if it had been made for another. At no point did it do other than hang or pinch.To make matters worse, at several places on the lapels stitching was visible - and we are not talking about detailing here. Oh well, at least he did include an extra loop to stop the belt buckle from riding up.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had a suit made for me in Bangkok in 1997. I was there on a three day side trip from Hong Kong. I went to a tailor shop about two hours after I'd landed. I was exhausted. They told me the fabric was wool, but when I got the suit, it was clearly, at most, partly wool. It was an awful suit.

I only paid about $250 for it. I wore it a few times. It was just ghastly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.