Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing wrong with the oxford cotton button down, it's a classic, and well represented in my shirt wardrobe. But one of the things I most miss about no longer using a shirtmaker is the inability to play designer. The shirtmaker took care of fit, and I just specified the details, but the ability to specify all aspects of the collar, shape, size, color, height, amount of lock, etc. and to use that in combination with the choice of cloth to create very specific effects was a creative joy.

This Parisian shirtmaker makes very lovely shirts and takes lovely photos of them. So I'm including some I particularly admire to illustrate the world of choices that exist among shirts unbound by fashion and retail exigencies -

https://daniel-levy-chemisier.tumblr.com/archive

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need to convince me - I don't think I currently own an OCBD. Maybe you should have posted this on the Trad forum? :hidden:(blasphemy!).

BTW - nice pictures.
Yes, I find their blog quite a pleasure.

The OCBD is just a point of departure for the issue of how varied and interesting dress shirts can be. But they're a marvelous option of themselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.