Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
All I want to know is, how do I get my girlfriend to travel to Europe to buy me shirts? She complains about CT sea-island prices, I can't imagine getting a $300+ dress shirt unless I win the lottery.
Tell her to spend less money her wardrobe, so you can get Alex (Kabbaz) to make you some shirts. 8 shirts are enough for a two week work rotation.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Tell her to spend less money her wardrobe, so you can get Alex (Kabbaz) to make you some shirts. 8 shirts are enough for a two week work rotation.
I would but she spends next to nothing on clothes. Even shoes, which she loves, she won't spend more than about $100. She has recently started to come around though as I have shown her the value of investing in a small amount of well-made clothing as opposed to clearing out TJ Maxx and Marshalls season after season.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Harumph - my experience with Alain Figaret is . . .

. . . that both collars and cuffs shrank to the point of making the shirt unwearable in about a year.

Now, to be fair, I've not owned an Alain Figaret shirt in some 18 to 20 years or so, but my one experience (a light blue herringbone weave shirt with plain white collar and white double cuffs) was that both collar and cuffs shrank so much that I had to donate the shirt to charity. (As much as I am, or was, capable of weight gain as it would affect neck size, I don't think that one's wrists are great repositories of body fat.)

Oddly enough, the same problem occurred with the only other shirt that I have ever bought in Paris - again, a blue shirt with white collar and cuffs, from a small boutique in the Rue Cambon. That shirt (French blue with bold white stripes - unusual in 1989) I had re-fitted with new collars and cuffs, and wore it for many years, until recently, one elbow wore through and ripped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.