Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a 'fun' pair of lizard skin Allen Edmonds on eBay and am wondering what type of belt to pair them with. I have been using a plain, dark brown belt but recently saw an embossed belt that matches the shoes really well (in both texture and color).

Is matching color and texture a good thing in this case or is the combination of lizard skin shoes and belt one accent piece too many?

Thanks for your help and feedback!

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
I am inclined to suggest trying for a color match and don't worry about matching hide textures. Though, should such a textural (and color) match be possible, it doesn't strike me as too much.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I am inclined to suggest trying for a color match and don't worry about matching hide textures. Though, should such a textural (and color) match be possible, it doesn't strike me as too much.
I concur. A lizard belt in a close (not necessarily identical) color would be a nice thing to have, of course.

Love the shoes, by the way. My kind of footwear!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.