Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
Intriguing picture, but alas, I am too cheap to pay a buck to read the article...and so I fear that I shall never know! ;)
I first thought you were going to say you're too cheap to keep a mistress!

This was a bit before my time but I do recall the story, though not the details. Interesting article.

I must say that Ms. Keeler is stunningly beautiful. Were I 46 and came across her at the age of 19, I could understand the temptation.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Tame or not, it brought down Macmillan's government - 12 years of Tory rule came to an end, letting in Harold Wilson's Labour government, so there were far-reaching effects. Whether Keeler communicated secrets to the Russians was never established. Jack Profumo spent the rest of his life in the East End doing charitable work among the poor.

Quite a good film, Scandal, with John Hurt, was eventually made of the whole episode.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
^^I will make it a point to see that movie (Scandal).

I first thought you were going to say you're too cheap to keep a mistress!
Regarding the keeping of a mistress, cheapness has nothing to do with my reluctance to do so. The wife has taken Karate lessons, becoming frightfully proficient in the art. Given that reality, should the truth be known, I would be afraid to take a mistress! LOL. ;)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keeler was a stunning beauty for certain. She had the 'it" factor. In some of her photos, she is painfully lovely.

Her personal story is rather tragic in that her social class, her abusive childhood and the zeitgeist of the era led to her being passed around between powerful men like a broken doll.

Cheers,

BSR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.