Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
I don't care if he brings it up in every sentence, what public figure will be the first to stand up and laugh at John McCains courage, and sense of duty and honor?

As Dizzy Dean said, "If you done it, it ain't braggin."

Cruiser
https://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

Phung Van Chung, 70, who was a Communist Party official at the time, claims McCain was quickly singled out for softer treatment, adding: ?I found out he was the son of an American admiral, so the top people wanted to keep him as a live witness so they could use him for negotiations.?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-betrayed-Vietnamese-peasant-saved-life.html

· Registered
323 Posts
Talking about houses and stripper wives is dumb. I had hoped liberals were better than that. When they bring up this trivial topics it makes them no better than conservatives. Talk about how McCain is short sighted and wants to drill for oil because he will be dead before the environmental affects happen. He doesn't care about making the world a better place for us. He just wants to be President and have some fun fighting wars and exploding stuff. Someone needs to get this guy an xbox.

· Registered
323 Posts
I don't understand why conservatives are so negative. Maybe it's a genetic thing or something. I don't know I don't consider myself a real smart person. I just hear a lot of the conservatives on TV whine a lot and seem to have negative attitudes and hateful personalities. Maybe Obama won't fix any energy problems. But what's wrong with trying? I don't think oil spills are the only thing that hurts the environment. Climate change and all that jazz. Though I guess if you wake up every morning thinking today's the day the Jesus comes back then you really don't have to think about saving the planet for future generations. Death and Taxes. You're going to die and life is going to go on without you. Do the right thing and at least try to save the planet.

· Registered
323 Posts
I hate America! I want to see this crap country destroyed through taxing the super rich so it's possible for the vulgar citizens to get an education and afford life saving medicines. That's the master plan. Don't tell them I told you the truth.

· Registered
323 Posts
What hemisphere is Kyoto in? I was kidding around but you sound serious. And if you are going to be serious then it's sad you aren't objective. It's easy agreeing with the right. Keeping it simple for the stupid perhaps. Surely a more lazy way of debating. Again I'm not going to pretend to know stuff like you. But really? Gas Prices? How can gas prices be justification for being Republican when they raise $3 a gallon during their administration? Oil profits 1%? I call BS. Link please. I don't like being that kind of douche bag but I'm going to have to ask for link on that one. Some proof. Hell I'll even take Fox News. I doubt even they would make such a preposterous claim. I don't know about Obama's brother. Maybe he likes Africa? Some people like Mississippi too believe it or not. To each their own.

· Registered
323 Posts
Not including reinvestment for exploration and drilling, the oil company's profits are around 1%.
Bah. I felt bad asking for proof I don't like doing that. So I did some searching myself. And you're wrong. Sorry. 10% profit margin. Actually it was probably just a typo. You left the 0 out.

https://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=xom

ExxonMobile is the Michael Phelps of business!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jul/31/top-corporate-quarterly-earnings-of-all-time/

· Registered
323 Posts
It may be unfortunate, but I'll never understand people's blind, unconditional, respect for anyone who served in the military. I think it's a knee-jerk reaction, some survival instinct, to defend against being labeled a terrorist and sent to Guantanamo. As a liberal, I treat people as individuals instead of grouping everyone together to make assumptions about them just to make it simple. I would say most of the people in the military are good people who deserve respect. Especially if you go back through history. But there are bad people who are in the military and that's unfortunate too whether it's believed or not. My college is close to an Army base, and I'm not going to make a real long post to tell a story because it probably won't even be believed. Military good. Peace loving hippies bad. That's the simple way and makes life easier and more comfortable. As for McCain, yes it stinks he was locked up for 5 years. But qualifications for President aside, being a POW does not even make one a good person. He scares me. But that's my own personal troubles. Maybe Obama will suck, but I will bet everything I have and will have that he won't start WWIII.

· Registered
323 Posts
Bleh. Pacifism = Hitler I don't get. I don't know. Ya war is alright sometimes. But I don't like that idea of starting wars to not start a war. I forget what that's called preliminary attack or something. But McCain has that look like he is someone that will do that. For fun or because he honestly thinks it's best. It may sound bad but I think if our country is going to attack another country it should be attacked first. That way we have history on our side saying we're "the good guys." I rather take the risk of being killed in a terrorist attack than live in a country that goes around invading nations and blowing up families because a terrorist might live in the area. If that makes any sense. Oh, and I think it's kind of lazy to say anyone who doesn't support war and all soldiers (i.e. McCain) spits on them all too btw. Even lazier than bringing up Hitler when disputing a credit charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.