Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,500 Posts
I'm in the group that thinks that different shades of navy looks bad together. That's why when I'm wearing a navy jacket or navy pants I generally keep as little navy as possible in the tie. I think different shades of grey or charcoal can look good together, but for me it just doesn't work with navy.

Cruiser
I generally agree with the above - I wear my navy ties (overall navy ties - emblematics with a navy background or a blue background BB#1 stripe - not merely a ties with a navy stripe - like an Argyll and Sutherlander) with my tweeds in the winter or a tan/brown sport jacket. For suit wear, I have a tan summer suit and a glen plaid with which I use my navy ties. Too dark for me with a navy suit or blazer and a navy tie.

· Registered
2,500 Posts
Hmmm. That does look good, though the tie is "hella" different shade than the suit. That looks more royal/purply blue than the flat navy of the suit.

The light is not great in my room in the AM, so I just avoid the issue by using wine or green foulard ties with my navy suit. I have lots of more non-navy colorful repp ties for blazer use that I would not use with a suit, anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.