Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the first time in memory JPress has had such an early sale? Is is a sign of the economic times? Any thoughts on whether they are in trouble or on the block to be sold?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is this the first time in memory JPress has had such an early sale? Is is a sign of the economic times? Any thoughts on whether they are in trouble or on the block to be sold?
I believe they always have a November sale.

They were relatively busy the last few times I visited the DC store. I also had to wait a month for my alterations because they were so backed up. Retail is down everywhere right now, but I doubt Press is in serious trouble.

·
Registered
764 Posts
That statement sounds a bit dramatic.

Even assuming a retailer had a down season, the jump to "are they in trouble" and "on the block" is a bit much.

Heaven forbid your banker never catches you out with shoes not polished or pants not freshly dry cleaned...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Is this the first time in memory JPress has had such an early sale? Is is a sign of the economic times?
No. As Desk Jockey pointed out, the 2006, 2007, and 2008 sales all started on approximately the same date in November.

Any thoughts on whether they are in trouble or on the block to be sold?
I would not engage in an orgy of speculation based on the timing of the November sale, even if the sale had started a week early this year.

·
Registered
420 Posts
J. Squeeze not on the block

Owned by JAPANESE firm with very deep pockets. Don't really care how the US stores do because they have several hundred in Japan. Ivy connection in Boston & New Haven most important for the cachet in Nippon.

Let's please not use racial epithets commonly understood to be insults!!!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Owned by jap firm with very deep pockets. Don't really care how the US stores do because they have several hundred in Japan. Ivy connection in Boston & New Haven most important for the cachet in Nippon.
A "jap" firm? Can ******** shop there too?

I don't want to be the p.c. police around here but, come on, man.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Drinkwater's & Jack's

I've read that Drinkwater's sends its alterations out to Jack. Is this so?

If so, for outside alterations, why not just go to Jack.

And for suit more substantial suit alterations, would you recommend Jack or anyone else in the Boston-Brookline-Cambridge-Newton area?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've read that Drinkwater's sends its alterations out to Jack. Is this so?

If so, for outside alterations, why not just go to Jack.

And for suit more substantial suit alterations, would you recommend Jack or anyone else in the Boston-Brookline-Cambridge-Newton area?
I have no idea where Drinkwater's sends their stuff. Truth be told, I can't afford anything there beyond accessories that don't require alterations, so I buy most of my stuff at LL Bean and the like and bring it to Jack if it needs alterations.

Drinkwater's does have some beautiful stuff though...

·
Registered
294 Posts
so is there a coupon code for the sale, or will the prices be changed online?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Those who received notice of the advance sale (14 -20 Nov) also received a code to use at check out if they choose to shop via the web this week. When the sale opens to all on the 21st the web site should reflect the sale prices and no code will be required.
thank you

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.