Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the ideal sleeve length fall just 1" past the break in the wrist, or should it fall 2" past the break?

This is when you are standing straight with your arms relaxed at your sides.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The sleeve of your shirt should come to the base of your hand, possibly a quarter inch or so, but certainly not an inch.

·
Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts
Are you talking about shirt sleeves or jacket sleeves? For jackets there is a range of acceptability that is a function of personal taste. I mark sleeves at the notch where the hand meets the wrist.
Paul Winston
Winston Tailors
www.chipp2.com
And I mark the shirt 1/2" below that. You see, Paul and I are throwbacks to the days when there were standards. Tailors and shirtmakers didn't need to consult with each other daily about the latest fad to get the jacket at the proper place and still have 1/2" of shirt sleeve showing.

But never fear. We of the old guard will all be dead sooner than later and everyone can make up their own rules.

·
6,643 Posts
Ye gads, sartorial anarchy!
Anarchy? Anarchy, hell! Heresy. Those who defy the sartorial commandments shall be condemmed to eternal thong-wearing.

·
6,643 Posts
No, Wardrobe Girl, don't bother. I'll make my own correction: Men who defy ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.