Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live near Springfiend MA and have shopped here and in Hartford CT for years. Stackpole Moore and Tryon and AO White were always equated with fine men's clothing. AO White is no more and Stackpole is not the same as it used to be...We do have Yale Genton (a nice shop that does carry some nice lines but you have to know what you like, and they do custom order for me), and there are a couple of small shops here and there...I am an ex-NYer so it is a bit discouraging not having more selection and mail order is ok for some things but there are many things I have only purchased because I have seen them on display, or have tried on and like the way they look when they are on me. I did discomver Nortstroms a years or so ago and have been very pleased with shirts and overcoats from there. For hats I am fortunate that there is Del Monicos in New Haven CT, but still, travel is required often for something very special. I find that I am one of few that really care about the clothes I wear (most men I run into are statisfied with much less in look or quality).. So in this day of the chains store and it being more difficult to try things on (and pants are essential to buy from a good shop with a good tailor), what are the experiences of others who do not live in large cities?

guit

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.