Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having done a quick inventory of my shoes, I realize I have only one pair of black, and those are reserved for wearing with my tuxedos. With everything else, including black, grey, navy and khaki pants, I prefer Oxblood lace-ups and loafers. Does anyone else have an aversion to black shoes or is it just me?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Black shoes have their place, dark suits and such. But I prefer browns and #8s.
Not only do I think they go with more but they look better as well. Can anything scream more New Jersey than black shoes with khaki pants?

I also hate to spend money on a fine pair of shoes in black. I know it's still quality leather but it sure is hard to tell.

Things are cyclical so I'm sure that black shoes will soon have their day in the sun again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
sorry - but black is the easiest to travel with - just pack and go! but, if I had the cash I would have a bunch of various shades of brown shoes / belts. I think that brown allows the most variation for personal style while staying within the realms of a traditional look...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If you look at the date of the original post, I think you'll realize that ada8356 was having a little fun with this one.

When I say "you," I refer to the various people who've posted in the past few days. Addressing the OP as "you" is, perhaps, a bit odd, in that he hasn't posted in over 7 years and, of his grand total of 7 posts, 6 were made in a period of three days. I'm pretty sure he's not listening.

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,503 Posts
I am more likely to get wear out of burgundy shoes than either brown or black but I can't imagine not having all of them.

·
Registered
27,463 Posts
Having done a quick inventory of my shoes, I realize I have only one pair of black, and those are reserved for wearing with my tuxedos. With everything else, including black, grey, navy and khaki pants, I prefer Oxblood lace-ups and loafers. Does anyone else have an aversion to black shoes or is it just me?
I also have only one pair of black.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is a great thread revival! I have 3 black shoes, 1 black shell PTB one black PA and one black tassel loafer. I have a dozen+ in browns and oxbloods.

Mrp, please post up a review of those black shell PAs!

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you look at the date of the original post, I think you'll realize that ada8356 was having a little fun with this one.

When I say "you," I refer to the various people who've posted in the past few days. Addressing the OP as "you" is, perhaps, a bit odd, in that he hasn't posted in over 7 years and, of his grand total of 7 posts, 6 were made in a period of three days. I'm pretty sure he's not listening.
Indeed! You are correct, sir!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I wonder if he ever bought another pair of black shoes since posting 7 years ago?

Good thread, no matter how old it is. I put all 3 pairs of my black shoes away for the summer when I pull out the summer wardrobe, as well as all my gray slacks.

I wonder if anyone will still be posting on this thread in 2019?
Indeed! You are correct, sir!

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,695 Posts
Count me as out of step, perhaps, but given the proper circumstance, black shoes can reign supreme. Being unwilling to concede that I may have too many pair(s) of shoes/boots in the stable, the numbers on hand would seemingly argue that it takes six or seven pair of black shoes/boots to meet my needs! However, also based on the numbers, it would seem that walnut is rapidly overtaking burgundy/cordovan as my favorite hue for a pair of footwear. ;)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Since I started following AAAC, I don't wear black shoes as much, maybe once a month. Still, nothing looks better than a pair of black longwings with a navy blazer, white ocbd, and a light gray pair of pants.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.