Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this thread because I can't find one devoted to fine, single-breasted two piece suits. So, here is one.

Outerwear Dress shirt Tie Neck Sleeve

28,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There must be a multitude of posts dedicated to the iconic two piece suit. Or am I missing the purpose of your post.
My point is that I couldn't find one. Can you?

· Registered
18 Posts
I will be following this thread closely. I have not purchased a new suit in...? years. I need to buy a new suit for my daughters wedding this fall. My plan is to go to a local old-school men's clothing store and ordering a navy HSM suit (the Obama suit). I want a suit that it classic, timeless and versatile, good for 3-seasons.

28,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gawd, I wish I could pull this off. A little too thick in the middle to wear a DB.
You'd be surprised. Check out Tumblr and look up The Big Sartorialist. The gentleman is an MD, a powerlifter, and a man with a very individualistic sense of style. He is, in a word, large. That doesn't stop him from wearing whatever he damned well likes and the occasional DB suit (though more commonly a 3-piece) is included.

· Registered
842 Posts
You'd be surprised. Check out Tumblr and look up The Big Sartorialist. The gentleman is an MD, a powerlifter, and a man with a very individualistic sense of style. He is, in a word, large. That doesn't stop him from wearing whatever he damned well likes and the occasional DB suit (though more commonly a 3-piece) is included.
Agree. I’ve been known to take a second trip to the buffet table and I enjoy DB more than SB. And I really believe I wear it well.

· Registered
209 Posts
I just purchased two peak lapel single breast suits in light gray and charcoal sharkskin from Jeff at Wizard of Aahs. I received the light gray and it is gorgeous. Beautiful fabric and the fit is perfect for me - only minor alterations required.

· Super Moderator
3,213 Posts
I just purchased two peak lapel single breast suits in light gray and charcoal sharkskin from Jeff at Wizard of Aahs. I received the light gray and it is gorgeous. Beautiful fabric and the fit is perfect for me - only minor alterations required.
What's their house style? Is the jacket relatively more tight-fitting and shorter, like many contemporary suits? Are the trousers, likewise, also tighter, and with narrow legs tapering to a relatively smaller bottom/cuff?

· Registered
209 Posts
What's their house style? Is the jacket relatively more tight-fitting and shorter, like many contemporary suits? Are the trousers, likewise, also tighter, and with narrow legs tapering to a relatively smaller bottom/cuff?
So Jeff told me to look at this website: MAXMAN

The standard line is the Baroni line. I have had a couple of these suits. The cut is somewhat like a standard American suit - straight and a little boxy.

The two suits I purchased were from the MaxDavoli line. This cut is slightly althletic. Bigger in the shoulders and tapered slightly in waist. The trousers have ample room and are not overly slim.

I'm not sure about their other lines (Prive and Trend), but I would assume those are more modern cuts... but I'm not sure.

The fabric quality is quite nice as with everything I've bought from Jeff. For the price, the quality is quite high and thus quite a value.

· Registered
2,371 Posts
Do this medical doctor’s three piece suits have a double breasted waistcoat and single breasted coat? That’s the ideal three piece suit for all people with all physically fit physiques (not just thin), in my opinion.

For people with all physically fit physiques (again, not just thin), the double breasted two piece suit is the ideal two piece suit, again, in my opinion.

👌😀👍🏼

1 - 16 of 16 Posts