Men's Clothing Forums banner
1321 - 1328 of 1328 Posts

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Since I just copied and pasted the photo, I'm not sure. But looking at it, I'll say simple. Pity, though. Pork red sauce is my favorite.
Every Saturday morning, my mother prepare sauce for the week. Always pork cooked in it, and many, many times pig’s feet (don’t knock it until you taste it!). Sauce was so thick that placing a spoon in it, pulling it out, and turning it upside down, the sauce would stick. My mother would cook (finish) meatballs in the sauce, though my grandparents never did, Meatballs lightly fried then finished/baked in the oven, as would the breaded veal or steak cutlets. Grated cheese was “Roma” (Romano). Pasta was always “spaghetti #9”.

· Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,322 ·
Next week, or the following, turkey necks will come into the market. I will buy about a dozen, roast them brown and make up about two gallons of stock. A pig's foot always (if I can get them) goes in. Thickens things up marvelously. I haven't made a strongly pork sauce in several years. If I didn't have so many jars on the shelf already this year, I would do something about that.

1321 - 1328 of 1328 Posts