Men's Clothing Forums banner
1281 - 1300 of 1324 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I asked my wife to whip up one of her world famous lasagnas before she left Saturday for a visit out west with the kids. She left me with this store bought frozen lasagna instead.😐

the joke is on her though. It tastes pretty good!
View attachment 91855
Looks pretty tasty to me!

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,288 ·
True. Keeping lasagna 'al dente' is an art form, and one that I never mastered. My wife could but not me. So I use eggplant slices instead. It's better for my blood sugar anyway.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
True. Keeping lasagna 'al dente' is an art form, and one that I never mastered. My wife could but not me. So I use eggplant slices instead. It's better for my blood sugar anyway.
My wife makes a superb lasagna using eggplant slices, zuchinni and green & yellow squash. Other items are standard fare for lasagna. I like it best with sweet Italian sausage and fresh mozzarella.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I think she just overcooks it.
Howard: buy your Mom a psck of “non boil” lasagna pasta. She will just assemble the dish using the pasta as-is from the package. As the dish cooks, the pasta draws moisture from the other components. Works pretty well! My wife uses it when she is in a hurry (or those times I’m bellowing “Feed Me”).

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,294 ·
I agree. Cooking the lasagna noodles as part of the casserole is really the easiest way to do it. Makes a fine dish with less work and mess.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I was working at a grocery store and I volunteered to stay over during the carnage - it was a hurricane. We were open, but really only an idiot leaves when there is 75 mile an hour sustained winds and a constant down pour. This guy, literally one of maybe five customers I had that day, walked in to the store because he was "in the mood for fresh pasta" and didn't know where it was located in the store.

I found out later that he died on his way home.

Edit: I've never looked at tortellini the same way since.

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,300 ·
1281 - 1300 of 1324 Posts