Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is just a bit of fun. But assuming you were in a position of needing to undress within the gaze of a potential paramour or existing significant other ( i dont mean with da da da da, da da da da striptease musical accompaniment), and assuming you were wearing the following, which is the correct order to undress (I have deliberately scrambled any logical order) whilst preserving decorum but with a perfomance liable to garner maximum style points? Please feel free to suggest alternative soundtrack...

A UNDERWEAR
B SHOES
C TIE
D TROUSERS
E SHIRT
F SOCKS
G JACKET
H WATCH
I BELT

PLEASE REORDER IN YOUR PREFERRED WAY!

PS NO ALLOWANCE HAS BEEN MADE FOR EXTRANEOUS/OPTIONAL ITEMS SUCH AS TIE CLIP, SPATS, SOCK GARTERS, FEDORA, CUFFLINKS. I ALSO ASSUME (this is AAAC after all) THAT THE PROPER ALLOWANCES CAN BE MADE FOR PROPER AND TIMELY STOWAGE - HANGERS, SHOE TREES, VALET STAND ETC ETC. THE DONNING OF SUITABLE PYJAMAS IMEDIATELY AFTERWARD IS OF COURSE ASSUMED.

· Registered
1,520 Posts
...seriously, you need to get those socks off EARLY - total failure involves you standing there at any point sans pants with socks still on.

...Either that or leave the socks on the whole time while exclaiming "what? what?"

· Registered
1,520 Posts
wait I will try again:

homburg
pocket square
Jacket
spats
laced boots
arm bands
collar pin
collar
braces
pants
socks
sock garters
pocket watch
Vest
stick pin
cravat
cuff links
shirt
undershirt
bloomers
monocle (leave it in if she is suitably zaftig)
partial plate
toupee

· Registered
502 Posts
wait I will try again:

homburg
pocket square
Jacket
spats
laced boots
arm bands
collar pin
collar
braces
pants
socks
sock garters
pocket watch
Vest
stick pin
cravat
cuff links
shirt
undershirt
bloomers
monocle (leave it in if she is suitably zaftig)
partial plate
toupee
Ear Trumpet? Or modern version, E-Trumpet
Boy Scout woggle
Whalebone Girdle
Or should I be a man of mystery and keep these on?

· Registered
1,306 Posts
...seriously, you need to get those socks off EARLY - total failure involves you standing there at any point sans pants with socks still on.

...Either that or leave the socks on the whole time while exclaiming "what? what?"
The socks are the absolute key to the whole thing. You must never appear sans trousers while still in your socks. The trick is to slide the socks off while removing your shoes.

If you cannot complete this maneuver, then it would be better to beat a hasty retreat to your dressing room and only reappear once you have donned your evening silks and smoking jacket. The pipe is optional, as tobacco has long been known as the enemy of romance.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.