Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,567 Posts
Can't answer but I do remember about 25 years ago a friend's wife was an ER nurse at Loretto Hospital in Chicago and they admitted a man who lost an argument with his brother over who got the last turkey leg. Not sure who got the leg but this guy ended up with the meat fork in his aorta and didn't make it to the pumpkin pie course. Another heartwarming family story.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Neither. If you really want a trad meat, then it would be a duck or goose or any game you killed the morning before or of Thanksgiving, and then had the wife cook up.

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
^I think they are right. Turkey does come only from the supermarket...at least in our house. I've hunted for much of my life, taking pheasant, grouse, ducks, deer, rabbits, even squirrel but, have never taken a wild turkey or a goose, for that matter. While the wife will cook the game, she refuses to clean it...any leads on where to find a woman who will clean "the take"? ;)

· Registered
380 Posts
Neither. If you really want a trad meat, then it would be a duck or goose or any game you killed the morning before or of Thanksgiving, and then had the wife cook up.
Hmm. I'm thinking the Pilgrims and their turkey were sort of the original trads: traditional clothing (tough to top those hats and shoes with buckles), stodgy and sorta kooky. Therefore, the choice of those nuttyr Puritans, turkey, is the most trad.

I say white meat over dark, by the way.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Hmm. I'm thinking the Pilgrims and their turkey were sort of the original trads: traditional clothing (tough to top those hats and shoes with buckles), stodgy and sorta kooky. Therefore, the choice of those nuttyr Puritans, turkey, is the most trad.

I say white meat over dark, by the way.
Actually turkey is never mentioned in the account of the first Thanksgiving menu, only "wild foul", according to https://americanhistory.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_first_thanksgiving_day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.