Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to all the great folks on this forum who have built up such a tremendous resource to help us all learn about clothing. I have discovered allen edmonds, the OCBD, and a love for tweed. If not for this forum and some youtube channels dedicated to men’s fashion i’d still be dressing like a clown. As I lose weight I an excited to start exploring more styles and brands and building up a great wardrobe. I have been loading up on shoes though, since I think if I lose 80 pounds they will still fit quite well.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the contributors and obviously the boss man himself. Thanks for being exactly how you are. This is my #1 place to go to learn about how things ought to be for men’s clothing and style :)

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Thank you to all the great folks on this forum who have built up such a tremendous resource to help us all learn about clothing. I have discovered allen edmonds, the OCBD, and a love for tweed. If not for this forum and some youtube channels dedicated to men's fashion i'd still be dressing like a clown. As I lose weight I an excited to start exploring more styles and brands and building up a great wardrobe. I have been loading up on shoes though, since I think if I lose 80 pounds they will still fit quite well.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the contributors and obviously the boss man himself. Thanks for being exactly how you are. This is my #1 place to go to learn about how things ought to be for men's clothing and style :)
I'm delighted that you enjoy this forum, as do I.

Certainly, getting into better shape through exercise and weight loss is very desirable. And while not a physiologist, physician or dietitian, I would urge you to lose weight gradually while maintaining sound nutrition. Unfortunately, I've known several fellows who lost a lot of weight very quickly through overly restrictive diets, and subsequently suffered extreme cardiac distress.

And just as a layman who has explored this issue, it seems that if conducted improperly, extreme, rapid weight loss can result in damage to the heart through the body using heart muscle as a source of protein. The individuals I referenced all experienced this distress during heavy physical exertion not long after this weight loss. And while this could definitely result from many other factors, I think most qualified professionals would urge gradual weight loss and maintaining a varied diet with enough nutrients of every type.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The first thing I would recommend is cut all sugar and all wheat(breads and pasta). Cut down on the processed foods. Give yourself two weeks of sticking strictly to this and you will see a lot of weight come off immediately. I personally have a diet on the extreme end of ketogenics. You don't need that initially. Exercise is not essential early on and can actually be a distraction cause you will be hungry after you workout and slip up thinking you burned more than you actually did. And when I say cut all sugar and all wheat I dont mean cut it down. I mean stop eating it. I would stay away from all high carb foods(rice, potatoes, carrots, etc) but that can be a huge step if you havent done it before. Your sweets should be fruits(limit bananas).

·
Partner / Administrator
1,798 Posts
@Dandy Andy CT welcome, and thanks for being here.

We're introducing some new videos from some up and coming content creators who have great sense of style, so hopefully you'll find those videos helpful in your journey as well.

If you don't mind me asking, which Youtube channels are you following?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My favorite is gentleman’s gazette. My style is very similar to the one he presents as his own. I really like traditional and classic. I am often always “over dressed”. I also like Real Men Real Style and AlphaM. Honestly I like all the men’s style channels lol

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
This is really a great place. I've been here almost 2 years and it is amazing all that I've learned.

The only downside is I am constantly analyzing everyone's clothes in my mind on fit, patterns, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.