Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last few months, I have soaked up more information on clothing reading this forum than I have managed to gather in the last sixteen or so years in my professional life. Accordingly, I am writing to thank the fine people here who share their time, their knowledge and their valued opinions. In that regard, here are some of the things I have learned from you all (though I acknowledge many will vehemently disagree with Item 1):

1. It still is perfectly acceptable to wear a three-button sack suit, unpleated trousers, white button down and rep tie, no matter what my law firm partners say to me.

2. Insisting on buying from Brooks Brothers, Southwick, J. Press, LL Bean and Alden is not necessarily an odd thing to do.

3. That despite my loyalty to the above purveyors, I should branch out a bit, and consider Mercer & Sons, Land's End (for example, for socks), Allen Edmunds, and perhaps some English shoe makers.

4. Maybe, just maybe, I should consider purchasing and wearing a plain point collar shirt.

5. That there may be a correlation between an interest in dressing well on the one hand and good humor, sharp wit, and courtesy on the other, as exhibited by the many contributors on this site.

So, thanks again.

Williston

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.