Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,004 Posts
Its a bashed in felt trilby. They are available new on line for anywhere from about fifty bucks to six hundred...just do a search on trilby and hat. Better bet is to have one custom made, which can be had for under three hundred to over one thousand, depending on the felt quality. My custom hatter whom I recommend wholeheartedly is Gary White, the Custom Hatter of Buffalo https://www.vis-pro.com/custom_hatter/hatter.html. Send Gary a picture, he can recreate any hat and will work with you to hit your price point within reason. Remember, too, that all hats over time take on the character of their owners, so your hat might start out looking like Tati, but very soon will look less like him and more like you.

Buzz

· Registered
197 Posts
I would call that a racing trilby - a somewhat battered racing trilby at that. If you look at Lock's or Christys' web site and look for any hat named after an English horse racing course you'll be on the money. You will then need to sleep in it for a couple of weeks - come to think of it it looks a bit like mine......

· Registered
1,004 Posts
I would call that a racing trilby - a somewhat battered racing trilby at that. If you look at Lock's or Christys' web site and look for any hat named after an English horse racing course you'll be on the money. You will then need to sleep in it for a couple of weeks - come to think of it it looks a bit like mine......
No, a racing trilby has a horseshoe shaped dent...where the horse stepped on it...and is worn in the grandsatnds, as opposed to the darby which, while required in the dress circle at many high end races, has not yet been trod upon by a horse. I just don't understand why it is so difficult for men to understand and adhere to these essential distinctions and simple rules.

Buzz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.