Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years ago, I had the privilege of speaking to the late Harry Errington. He was an interesting man with strong opinions, especially concerning his former employer, Frederick Scholte. It's ironic that Mr. Errington was one of the most illustrious alumni of Scholte.

Are there any active tailors who learned their trade under Mr. Errington, and bear his professional lineage? Incidentally, I still laugh at the reason he told me Scholte fired him. He was still angry 60 years later! It's an interesting tailoring trivia if anyone knows the answer.:teacha:

·
Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
5,071 Posts
He was indeed a remarkable man...and a true hero. Some time back I posted this wonderful article about him. You might find it of interest.

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?t=36267

By the way, Scholte -- who wanted everything done his way -- had no tolerance for the fact that Errington was naturally left-handed and made him cut with his right.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Harry Errington was certainly a very interesting man, a wonderful story-teller, and a talented tailor. They just don't make them like that any more. :( That said, what do we know of the Mr. Whyte of Errington & Whyte? And can anyone share any illustrations of Errington & Whyte tailoring?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.