Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my first post, after being a long-time lurker.

I have some shirts that I would like to get tailored. Unfortunately, there appear to be no tailors within 50 miles. Does anyone on this board know of a good tailor in the San Luis to Santa Barbara area? I would really like to find one!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
When I lived there, myself and a few of my friends went to Patrick James. I don't recall her name (we used a not so polite nickname for her) but the tailor there was quite good. I'm not sure if she is still there though.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Cool! Thank you very much! I'll try to make it up there tomorrow. How do you think they would do lengthening shirt sleeves?
I'm honestly not sure. When I was there, I was more concerned about getting drunk and chasing skirt. I had her alter a few suits. My friends had some more work done, but I'm not sure to what extent.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm...Getting drunk and chasing skirt. Let me guess...Poly alumni, right? :smile:

Back to topic, it sounds like she does pretty good work. I'll post what comes of it in a thread. Good tailors around here are tough to find!

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Lengthening shirt sleeves? Not possible. Only shortening can be done, and not by much if you don't want to throw proportions off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought I remembered reading somewhere on here that there is a tiny bit of fabric in the cuff that can be let out to give an extra couple mm? I have been wrong before, though...

Regardless, I have a couple of shirts that need basic tailoring anyway, so I will need them slimmed down a bit, especially in the sleeves. I've got a Lands End OCBD that is "trim fit," but has sleeves built for a gorilla! :smile:

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Generally I wouldn't advise it unless you know for certain this can be done. It's better to just nail down your sleeve size to begin with!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.