Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for someone in the Little Rock area who can take in some shirts that I have. I have purchased some BB and TML slim-fit shirts, but they still need taken in around the torso before they will fit like I want. Can anyone here recommend a decent tailor in the LR area, and also what should it cost for something like that?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know anyone specifically in your area. I can say that I had this done once to a Land's End trim fit shirt, and I don't think I'd do it again. First off, they didn't really reproduce the factory folded/rolled seam - which isn't really a huge deal. Second, I noticed after the body was taken in that the sleeves looked comparatively blousy. The 'balance' of the shirt looked a bit off to me (and they only took off about one inch per side, that is they moved the seam in about 1/2" per side.) So, I decided that the net gain was nearly zero. I only paid about $15-$20. I'd suggest you try with a shirt you don't care about too much. Moreover, I'd suggest that you try and find an OTR that fits the way you like, or maybe explore MTM.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I know what you mean on the shirt not looking right - I had a Paul Frederick slim fit that was way too slim around the midsection, and the shirt looked horrible on me. I may just stick with trying slim fit in various brands until I find one that I like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.