Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I am not an expert in Attolini. I wear almost nothing but italian high end suits and jackets from, Isaia, Brioni, Kiton and Battistoni. It looks real and it looks very nice and well made. What is the price and does it or will it fit you. If the answer is yes than you should go for it. If the price is too high then that would be the only problem I see.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have several Attolini garments and I have not seen this labeling "Sartoria Neapolitana" which meas ... top tailoring from Naples. This southern reigon of Italy is where many of the top tier , hand made makers in the world are located... including Kiton, Attolini, Sartoria Partenopea, and Isaia. The label also shows "Caselnuova" which is the city where Kiton, Attolin, Sartoria Partenopea and Isaia are located.

The first three makers have the most amount of hand work in them and are the top tier of the Sartorial world. There are many other fine makers from Italy, but these three are the most authentic Neapolitan. This means that they have some specific nuances to them that make them special. Of the four listed about, Isaia is the most commercial of all of these makers. The true artistan feel of the garments are found in the other three.

Attolini was founded by Cesare Attolini and he is a master, artisan tailor. His production is limited and the quality of the garments is superb. Attolin has several times won the "Best of Class" from Robb Repot. He is recognized as one of top two makers in the world. You can visit their web site and read about the product. This will give you some confidence in securing a piece form this rescource. If you are buying this garment on e bay for a reduced price; i would go for it... if it fits. These suits retail for $5500 and up; depending on fabric. Sounds like it would be a good value.

As far as the label is concerned; if you are buying this suit on e bay; there is no telling how old this garment is. If new, it still might be 3-4 years old. This does not mean that it is not a great garment. Retail stores throughout the country sell their left over stock to jobbers for 10 cents on the dollar, at the end of the selling season. These same retailers, may hold on to two to four seasons of goods and then "job them out" at give away prices to make room for new arrivals. Consequently, by the time it gets to the jobber, it might be several years old. The reason I convey this is that the label on this garment "Satroria Neapolitana" copuld be the old label that Attolin used BEFORE switching to the Cesare Attolini label that is in my Attolini suit.

The additional label with the fabric code etc.. that is "hand stiched" into the garment is characteristic of Attolini and Kiton. It is definately not Kiton. Only Kiton and Attolini sew in this cloth label by hand. It leads me to believe that this an "older" Attolini garment. I don't know its source, so I am assuming.. but this is a pretty educated analysis.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Napoli is also the address for Sartoria Partenopea, Kiton, Attolini and Borrelli. This is the city, ( Caselnuova) in Naples that all four of these factories are located. They are each within 5-10 kilometers of each other. If one wants to take the time, you could go on the web site of each of these makers and check their specific street in Naples. As the street number is noted on the label; this will confirm that in fact it is made at Attolini.

I have also posted some other criteria that will help this gentleman confirm the origin of the Sartortia Neapolitana suit label. I am almost 99 percent sure that it is Attolini.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Isaia is located at 44 Via Roma in Casalnuovo, Naples. There is no affiliation between these brands. I believe that the cloth inner tag ; give the answer top the mystery. Now that we know he is buying this garment from a jobber, in Naples.. I believe my earlier post regarding the age of this suit , conveys the most likely answer to the label difference.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I was thinking about this suit label issue and it dawned on me that this suit might be from another Neapolitan maker called "Laver Sartoria Napolitana" which is a very nice garment; not the price of Attolini; but a very nice "Isaia" quality garment. It was the spelling of Napolitana that reminded me of this brand. Their address is: 32 Via P Sannicando; and not the address on the label. It is still a mystery. I would be interested if you find out the origin of the garment?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.