Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever purchased a ready to wear suit from T.M. Lewin Shirtmakers? Their shirts are quite decent but I have never purchased their RTW suits. Any opinions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have just ordered a Navy Twill over the internet, and hopefully i'll get it within the next two weeks, hopefully if everything goes well i will be pleasantly suprised although for all the advertise and the cut, it seems to be a good deal...i'll let you know in a couple of weeks, by the way on a couple of other threads there have been posters that have order and have been seemingly satisfied with their purchase, i think the sale last until April 30th...

search under:
tm lewin suit
all forums
subject only, this should yield some results

·
Registered
96 Posts
I own two of the TM Lewin suits and am very pleased with them. For the price, they are an incredible value. The wool is quite soft for super 100's. They are not fully canvassed but still have a smooth appearance. I also like the side vents and the ticket pocket. I think you will be quite pleased for a $400 suit.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I also own 2 Lewin suits and will say that they offer great value for money. They are slim fitting, and the details jmr references are nice. I find them much better value and more to my liking than other comparable RTW suits in that price range such as Brooksease or Tyrwhitt.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Have you compared the Lewin fabric directly with Tyrwhitt's? The CT fabric is really rough and the fusing stiff and thick. I take it Lewin is better on all these counts: Fabric and softness of fused chest?

·
Registered
39 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jmr

I own two of the TM Lewin suits and am very pleased with them. For the price, they are an incredible value. The wool is quite soft for super 100's. They are not fully canvassed but still have a smooth appearance. I also like the side vents and the ticket pocket. I think you will be quite pleased for a $400 suit.
JMR,

yes i too believe its a good deal, i am enamored with side vents and ticket pockets, pretty much all things English...and really no other rtw offers these little details...those details and the cut are what really sold me on purchasing the suit...oh and the the price as well...hopefully if things go well i will have my suit in the next week or two, and will post back with my impression of the suit...

Ralph

·
Registered
215 Posts
quote:Originally posted by billiebob

Have you compared the Lewin fabric directly with Tyrwhitt's? The CT fabric is really rough and the fusing stiff and thick. I take it Lewin is better on all these counts: Fabric and softness of fused chest?
Yes, I also own one CT suit. It's ok, but as you say, the fabric is rather coarse. And when they aren't on sale, they are actually quite expensive for what they are. Lewin's is definitely better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recieved my TM Lewin Suit, before I expected, and I must say, that it is very nice...The details, and the fabric seem very nice...and for the price I dare say that I would have not found a better dealm had i not taken the plunge, i'm happy, and i would recommend them....i'll see if i could post some pictures in the future...

Ralph

·
Banned
824 Posts
How are the trousers cut if not flat front?

Single pleat? Double? Are they reltively slim fitting despite not being flat front?

I don't personally like flat front trousers as I find they can be very constricting.

How are the suits sized? There has been a lot of comment about going up a size in lewin shirts - any comparable adjustment required for the suits?

------------------

·
Registered
39 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gmac

How are the trousers cut if not flat front?

Single pleat? Double? Are they reltively slim fitting despite not being flat front?

I don't personally like flat front trousers as I find they can be very constricting.

How are the suits sized? There has been a lot of comment about going up a size in lewin shirts - any comparable adjustment required for the suits?

------------------
As far as the suit sizing go, its tough to say, like as for myself i wear a 39 S in Brooks Brothers, a 40 S in Lauren, and between a 38s and 40 S in JOS a Banks, a 40 S in TM Lewin pretty fairly well, not too much shoulder comfortable, actually i am surprised and relieved that it fit as well as it did...the sleeves are a little long but i expected that.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ralph, are you going to post photos? I would be curious to see as I am thinking about ordering the lewin gray flannel suit.

I recently received 4 lewin shirts. I am very happy with them.

Thanks, AHS

·
Registered
39 Posts
quote:Originally posted by AHS

Ralph, are you going to post photos? I would be curious to see as I am thinking about ordering the lewin gray flannel suit.

I recently received 4 lewin shirts. I am very happy with them.

Thanks, AHS
I'll try and post some pics once i get it back from the tailors, had to shorten the sleeves and the pant length...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.