Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am an average height at 5'9", but have shorter arms. My chest measures 47 1/2 inches but I would need a 31" sleeve length for a proper fit. I have yet to find a sweater that has fit my shorter arm length as most XL's have a 35-36 sleeve length. I would really enjoy wearing a shawl collar cardigan but have yet to find one online or in a store that would fit my sleeve length. I could be wrong but I do not think these are garments that can be altered by a tailor. Hopefully someone can point me to an online store for men with T-Rex arms! Any input regarding this matter is much appreciated.

·
Read Only
2,318 Posts
That one is tough.

Perhaps soaking the ends of the sleeves and tossing them into the dryer to shrink? Checking every 5-10 minutes to see if they've shrunk to your liking.

Otherwise I can't think of anyone who sells shorter sleeve sweaters.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
As a fellow T-Rex, what's worked for me is to fold the the cuffs back. It effectively shortens the sleeve by a couple of inches, and that's usually good enough. Plus I don't mind a bit of blousing at the cuff, actually prefer it if it's not extreme.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Thank you for all of the input. I think I will take a stab at one and just fold the sleeve cuffs back. I saw a great looking shawl collar from Blarney Woollen Mills.
Instead of spending big bucks right away, why don't you perhaps try to see if you like the looks on a less expensive sweater, perhaps one from a thrift store?

For the record, I also have relatively short arms and almost always need to cuff the sleeves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.