Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,219 Posts
I have a multitude of cashmere sweaters and a few marino.....

First of all, I store them in zippered sweater bags. I always keep a few moth preventive packets (2 to 3 packets) in the bags. These packets come in a variety scents so no mothball odor is ever apparent. Cedar blocks don't work too well unless you take the time to sand them frequently.

I wash my sweaters in cold water with a cold water detergent such as woolite. I turn the sweaters inside out prior to washing. Next, I put them in the dryer on the no heat, air only setting for one cycle. Then I dry them stretched and flat. After dryning, I iron the sweaters on continuous steam(T-Fal iron). This compresses the fibers back into their original textures.

As far as lint, I have never had lint on a sweater. I suspect you are washing or steaming
them with some kind of cotton with which they shouldn't be mixed. I would look for how the lint is getting on a woolen or cashmere sweater. Somehow you are mixing your sweaters with cotton material.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.