Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
That was a distorted 1980's recreation of 1930's dress. In the '30s the cleaner might have dressed that way but not the CEO. Running around with braces showing looks awfully 1980's.
Yes, but remember the context: He was in his private office. Whenever he left his office he always put on his jacket.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I prefer wearing suspenders with my suit, but is it acceptable to wear suspenders with wool trousers without a jacket (for a corporate casual look)?
If you feel confident and unselfconscious, by all means go ahead and wear the braces without a jacket. If you are uncomfortable and constantly checking on how people react to you, don't. Decisions like this are about YOU, not THEM.

Buzz

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
Over the years I worked with a number of guys who wore suspenders all the time and never wore a coat and tie. They were usually older, or in some cases overweight, guys. I can't recall anyone ever giving it a second thought. I know I didn't.

Cruiser

·
Registered
934 Posts
Over the years I worked with a number of guys who wore suspenders all the time and never wore a coat and tie. They were usually older, or in some cases overweight, guys. I can't recall anyone ever giving it a second thought. I know I didn't.

Cruiser
I totally agree most of the people I worked with wore suspenders/bracers and they all removed their jackets in the office.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
i think it shows your differnet if you wear braces with out a jacket i think it looks good and i say bugger what others think or say as long as your comfortable
It's a shame that the people who want to dress in interesting but old-fashioned ways (detachable collars, cravats) don't have this attitude, but people who want to be "comfortable" in shorts and flip-flops at the opera have it in spades...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
i think it shows your differnet if you wear braces with out a jacket i think it looks good and i say bugger what others think or say as long as your comfortable
Next time, try saying it with proper spelling and grammar, please. "Your" is the possessive form of "you", not a contraction of "you are", which is what you intended. All this might be acceptable (barely, but not to me) in a phone-sent text message; not when you have a complete computer keyboard in front of you. That said, your sentiment that "it looks good" seems in keeping with your marginal literacy.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
The title of this thread made me flash back to a book of 'bloopers' from radio broadcasts, one of which contained a reference to "gownless evening straps."

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.