Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering starting to wear braces with my RTW dress pants (I know you should have your pants custom made for this and all, but I'm just a 20 year old college student.). Anyway, I was wondering if braces are possibly harmful at all to your back and/or shoulders in the long run. Which are more "healthy," braces or belts?

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Not the nicest way to put it, perhaps, but it sums up the issue...

Carrying a backback, or a heavy shoulder bag, can hurt one's shoulders. Part of it is the weight, part of it is the way the muscles are used to carry it.

Braces hang from the shoulders. There's hardly any weight to support.

And if you decide to make a "package" joke, put it where it belongs - on the "Any Lovers of the Organ?" thread...
That was a large part of my question answered. Though his approach was a bit lude, I must say that in a roundabout way he did help answer my question.

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Brace problems I have heard of include:-
1. Nipple soreness due to incorrectly wearing braces with nickel fittings under a shirt and having purchased the wrong size so the fittings coincide with nipple placement, easily corrected by having said nipples moved. See visual example of our braces being incorrectly worn by Tom Cruise as von Stauffenberg in Valkyrie (due out about now)
Please forgive my lack of knowledge in this area, but how is Cruise wearing those braces incorrectly? I also fail to see how Cruise's supposedly incorrect wearing of said braces relates to your point about nipple soreness, as the adjusters (the metal things are the adjusters right? I just want to make sure I get my terms correct.) look to be positioned way above his nipple area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.