Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,004 Posts
I'm considering starting to wear braces with my RTW dress pants (I know you should have your pants custom made for this and all, but I'm just a 20 year old college student.). Anyway, I was wondering if braces are possibly harmful at all to your back and/or shoulders in the long run. Which are more "healthy," braces or belts?
I have worn braces with all of my suits and dress trousers for...oh...nigh forty years, at least five days a week, often more. My back is in great shape. After seeing your initial question, I phoned an orthopoedic surgeon friend who says that braces alone should cause you absolutely no problem, but that there are a great many other ways to injur one's back.

Buzz

· Registered
1,004 Posts
I wear a belt almost all the time. Back when I used to wear pants without a belt (wearing either suspenders or overalls) I would often find that after a while my back would be sore, and I think it was from not having the support that the belt provided.

If it's not an issue for you, don't worry about it. Still, I would try them out before going heavily into the world of suspenders.
Really, Jack? You know, that is the first time I have ever heard anyone observe that a belt...as opposed to a truss, say...provided any back support whatsoever.

I suggest that our O.P. go here https://www.albertthurston.com/categoryfast2.cfm?catid=4 and check out the many offerings. Nota bene that the prices in U.S. Dollars remain unchanged in spite of the falling GBP.

My wife and kids are particularly fond of these...

as well as the ones in purple.

Buzz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.