Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted before, I've recently lost a bunch of weight, with more planned, so consider myself at an intermediate weight that I won't be at long term. However, I have lost enough that nothing I own fits anymore, and I've had to buy new stuff.

Since I don't expect to be this size for that long, I've been seeking out bargains. I could post about others (like the $80 JAB clearance rack medium grey suit that fits me supremely well, and don't make fun, as long as it lasts a few months, I don't care), but today I received these, and am so impressed, I wanted to post up.

I received a pair of Uniqlo selvedge jeans, slim fit, size 34x32. They are true to jeans size (i.e. about one size down from rerlity). They are thick and stiff, don't feel or look much different than the one pair of Gustin jeans I have, and fit great. For a whopping $40, they seem to be a great value.

I also received an OCBD size L, slim fit. Nice and thick, fit is great (fairly slim, like a Spier and mackay). The collar roll is minimal, that's the down side. However, the buttons are arranged such that the second button from the top is a lot closer up than is typical, so it keeps the collar more closed looking. A nicer look. Definitely a casual OCBD, something to be worn with chinos and not a suit, but for all of $20, I'm rather impressed. If you're a guy with a neck size bigger then your body size (my constant problem; I'm currently a 17 neck but like a 16 modern to slim fit body), fit is great, arms seem about a 35.

Just thought I would share this news of cheap products that aren't half bad.

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
I’m actually a big fan of UniQlo. True, it’s in the category of fast fashion, but they do carry items that are relatively classic and well made.

I’ve been wearing their undergarments for a few years and very satisfied with the quality.

Their extra fine merino wool sweaters, too, are well made.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Hebrew Barrister, please excuse me if you have already shared this with us, but are you relying on a specific diet plan to achieve your commendable level of weight loss? Thanks for sharing your impressions of the Uniglow denims and OCBD's with us.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hebrew Barrister, please excuse me if you have already shared this with us, but are you relying on a specific diet plan to achieve your commendable level of weight loss? Thanks for sharing your impressions of the Uniglow denims and OCBD's with us.
Keto + intermittent fasting. The keto is easy and great. The IF is brutal. But, I've lost 40+ lbs, so it works.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Humorous weight loss story for me that is clothing derived - when I brought the suit I mentioned above to my tailor to have the arms and legs altered, she (an older Vietnamese lady) tells me that im "less fat" now.

Less fat. Talk about a back handed compliment.
As I was asking the lady who does alterations for me a while back to let out a sport coat she commented that I had become "a bit too prosperous". I think she meant fat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.