Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share some photos of a summer wedding I attended while sporting a fun seersucker suit and flip-flops. It was a casual wedding, and I was only 1 of maybe 10 people wearing a suit. I wanted to dress it down, so I decided to play around with some white leather flip flops, and was it ever a hit! I had ladies coming up to me all night telling me that they loved the outfit. I can't wait for some outdoor weddings next summer!

Grey & White JAB seersucker

·
Registered
80 Posts
My brother did the samething much to my sartorial consternation. He wore flip flops with a sports coat, dress pants and tie to a wedding. I couldn't believe it because personally I would never do that in a million years but I would rather die first. That has to be one of the biggest sartorial mistakes one could make. I do not mean to offend you but I find it repugnant. I didn't say anything to my brother because he would never listen to anything I say anyway -- he is stubborn.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My brother did the samething to my sartorial consternation. He wore flip flops with a sports coat, dress pants and tie to a wedding. I couldn't believe it because personally I would never do that in a million years but I would rather die first. That has to be one of the biggest sartorial mistakes one could make. I do not mean to offend you but I find it repugnant. I didn't say anything to my brother because he would never listen to anything I say anyway -- he is stubburn.
If you will notice the trailer in the background that housed the mobile bathrooms, that may give you an indication of the overall tone of the wedding. Sartorial mistakes were highlighted by jean shorts and t-shirts that evening. Flip-flops were the least of any one's concern!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Congrats! I personally wouldn't do it, but it looks like (and sounds like) you had a blast. With all the ladies feeding you compliments, its too bad your wife had to be there!:icon_smile_wink:

640 Posts
It's so audaciously absurd that I admire it. The OP suggests that he knew going in that this flip-flops with seersucker looks silly. But the event and teh forum appear to be silly. So silly attire for a silly event surrounded by the silly is just fine. Plus it adds the bonus of distaff interest. I hope they had more aesthetic appeal.

Gld to see the balls to break the rules.

·
Registered
816 Posts
It's so audaciously absurd that I admire it. The OP suggests that he knew going in that this flip-flops with seersucker looks silly. But the event and teh forum appear to be silly. So silly attire for a silly event surrounded by the silly is just fine. Plus it adds the bonus of distaff interest. I hope they had more aesthetic appeal.

Gld to see the balls to break the rules.
+1. If the guests are drinking miller lite from a can at the reception, then flip flops with a suit are ok, even though I would never do it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1. If the guests are drinking miller lite from a can at the reception, then flip flops with a suit are ok, even though I would never do it.
Thanks. Like I said, this was a informal wedding that took place in a barn. My goal was to have fun with my outfit and turn a few heads, which based on some comments here, worked!

·
Connoisseur - Moderator
9,709 Posts
I know. It's like clothes, man. They're important, but - - -

I think at least sometimes, people are trying to find "intellectual" ways to say "I don't like it" and get themselves in a bit of trouble.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.