Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some background information:
I'm 22, graduating University at the end of the year and set to commence a graduate position in 2006 with an international financial services institution. I have exactly two suits from my entire time in high school and university, though that said, i do have some basic idea of how to wear a suit, shirt and tie and what works and what doesn't.

Currently, i'm looking to pickup a good number of suits in preparation for next year and i'm really just looking for some of the older corporate heads to provide me with some guidance or any assistance in terms of suits, shoes, shirts, ties, etc. I've had a look through some of the articles on the main page and at this point, i'm really just looking for personal experiences or thoughts on suits and other related matters.

With that in mind, my overarching general question would be:

1) For the older heads, if you could go back and do it all again what would you do differently in terms of:
a) Suits - brands, fabrics, cuts, etc?
b) Shirts - brands, fabrics, patterns, etc?
c) Ties - brands, fabrics, patterns, etc?
d) Shoes

More specifically: what's the general consensus on the following brands in terms of everyday wear?

a) Ermenegildo Zegna
b) Hugo Boss
c) Ted Baker
d) Paul Smith
e) Armani Collezioni
d) Cantarelli
e) Mabrouomo

As a guy of 5'7" but solid build -- most suits are tight across the shoulders and tight in the arms and sleeves -- are there particular brands or cuts which I should be favouring?

Also, starting out, how many sets of suits, shirts and shoes should i be looking to pickup to establish a good initial rotation given that i'll probably be in suits for five to six days a week for 10-12 hours a day? At this stage I would be looking at dropping about $5k-$7k all up.

Any feedback or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.