Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Is there an answer on how to remove suit armpit sweat marks? When wearing my jacket for long periods I inevitably sweat, and this sweat transfers to my jacket armpits slightly. The next day, the sweat dries and leaves a faint outlining.

What is the best way to attack this? Should I just damp it with water? Or should I snag something from Laundress?

Sorry in advance if this has been answered here -- I looked thoroughly and did not find anything.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Sweat ring is visible from outside jacket, such as if I raise my arm. Is just dabbing with water worth a try?
Give it a try, I don't think any harm could arise. It's hard giving advice, not knowing the type of suiting fabric - but I expect it might be a problem you are much more aware of than anyone else. Perhaps just avoid raising your arms too much in meetings?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
You should certainly wear an undershirt if perspiring is a consistent problem. I find that I am more comfortable and perspire less when wearing an undershirt.

Perspiring through an undershirt, dress shirt and jacket is rather severe unless one is outdoors in 90 degree high humidity conditions. If this is a consistent issue, you could consult a physician for options.

Cheers,

BSR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.