Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am tying the knot for the second time. My wedding is set for May 16, 2009 at 11 am at my in-laws to be home. Actually in the backyard over looking the canyons and mountains. Very small just the immediate family, then a nice lunch at a very nice french/italian restaurant and then the Honeymoon.

My question is, What color suit should I wear to the ceremony. It is casual but I want to wear a suit and tie. My fiance will be wearing either a blue and white dress or a silvery color. I was thinking of a tan or some color in that family. I was going to have some shirts made in pale blue with double cuffs and white as well. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congratulations on the wedding! I'm attending a casual outdoor wedding in late May in Michigan, and I plan to wear a dark blue (but not quite navy) linen suit, so that's my recommendation for you.

An aside: Several years ago I was a guest at a wedding held in a bar, and drinks were served throughout the ceremony. I was the only one wearing a jacket & tie.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Cream!

Khaki is not going to go as well with blue or silver, depending on your bride's attire choice. Actually cream trousers with a navy blazer would also do, since you say it's casual.

The light blue shirt will look especially well with cream, and a lovely royal blue patterned or plain tie will complete the spring look.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If it were my wedding and my wife was wearing the colors your wife is wearing, I'd lean towards something like this.

This would give you a lot of nice shirt and tie options that would match your bride. It's casual, but can be much dressier then a poplin suit or khaki colored wool suit. By the way, I'm not saying you should get a Hart Marx suit. It just happened to be the easiest glen plaid with blue windowpane I could find. Congratulations and good luck.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Andy and Nolan. I will probably get a new pair of John Lobbs. possibly the lufton as I like that shoe. Either in parisian brown or black. I am leaning toward a light tan or cream colored suit. I don't think that the glen palid would work for me Nolan, it is too business oriented. My fiance is now thinking of a gold colored dress.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.