Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear sirs of the forum,

I've noticed that a lot of men wearing suits have unsightly wrinkles at the back of the jacket. I try to keep my jackets well maintained and they have yet to form any wrinkles. But if they do, how does one go about 'ironing' them out so to speak. I've heard that you get a sort of suit brush and gently comb the jacket.

All help would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Erik

·
Registered
103 Posts
Best way to go is the Kent clothes brush which you can find on ebay. Also consider using a steamer to get the wrinkles out. "My Little Steamer" is recommended as I have bought one recently and love it realy works well. I only would use the steamer every so often as to much might be bad for the wool fibers.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Dear sirs of the forum,

I've noticed that a lot of men wearing suits have unsightly wrinkles at the back of the jacket. I try to keep my jackets well maintained and they have yet to form any wrinkles. But if they do, how does one go about 'ironing' them out so to speak. I've heard that you get a sort of suit brush and gently comb the jacket.

All help would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Erik
If the wrinkles are light, I will indeed brush them out and may even hang the jacket in a steamy shower room. Failing this, a light touch of the iron with appropriate temperature setting has not failed me. I do this ever so carefully and not often, as you don't want to flatten out the "nap" on cashmere, flannel, etc. More practically, I try not to wear the suit jacket while driving, unless the weather is cold enough for an overcoat. The seatbelt and seat bring havoc otherwise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.