Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good tailor for suit alterations in San Francisco?

I have searched here & SF, and from that, and reading yelp with the requisite grain of salt, it looks like Jon Minor or Peter Panos are the best-liked. Most discussions I found seem to be more about shirt tailoring (which I also need a lot of, but am much more willing to roll the dice on someone closer to where I live (the Haight) vs. making a trip to Union Square).

I have one suit that need the sleeves shortened a tad, and the pants cuffed (which should be tailoring 101), and another that needs more extensive slimming & shortening. I've heard folks say that Panos is expensive, but I have no frame of reference, and I wouldn't want to cheap out and have a shoddy job done.

Thanks!
Adam

· Registered
780 Posts
Stay away from Jon Minor. He butchered a pair of slacks
purchased ten years ago from Crombie in London. At the time I
paid over $300 for the corduroy trousers. In addition, he is not
easy to deal with. Panos is OK but over priced. If you able to
get to Menlo Park I can recommend my personal tailor. He is
the primary outside tailor for Wilkes Bashford in Palo Alto
and has done major alterations work for me as in reducing
shoulders( I am a natural shoulder fanatic)

Call Bob STANKOVIC
650-323-9614

· Registered
102 Posts
Oxford Tailor (166 Geary) is excellent. I was sent there on recommendation of staff at Neiman Marcus (as the owner is a former tailor at Neiman's).

As alluded to by obiwan and comrade, I am a fan of asking a well respected store for a tailor pick. Not sure who Wilkes in San Francisco recommends.

· Registered
804 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.