Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fairly new member and I don't really know all that much about clothes. When somebody posts a question, quite a few members post their advice and opinions -- and it's good that they do. However, not having the education to know the difference between advice that is good or otherwise, I am often at a loss. One could look at the number of posts a member has made, but that may be more an indicator of his longevity on the forum rather than his taste. I wonder if it might not be productive to assign a higher status -- "Arbiter of Fashion" or whatever you might call it. The names of those who hold this status would appear in red, perhaps, and newbies like me might decide to give their opinions more weight. One could become an "Arbiter of Fashion" upon receiving a certain number of votes from fellow members of the forum. Perhaps a member would not attain the franchise until he has been a member for a certain period of time and has made a certain minimum number of posts. I suspect that the senior members of this forum have quite a good idea who here as the most cultivated taste. Sharing that knowledge would be one of the greater things that the senior members could do for the newbies.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.