Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heelo to everyone:

I never had suede shoes before and I am wondering the best way to to take care. The manufacturer only recommends using the steel suede brush and removing the dirt with an eraser gum. Then I read I need to use a water proof spray before use and a suede spray after cleaning, There is also a suede cleaning product. So, what´s the best thing to do? will the suede spray made the color darker?

Best Regards and happy new year

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I have used steel brush and suede spray before; initially I used nothing but soon got both items.

In the UK, suede is best for spring-summer because of the weather.

I did find that the shoes needed more rest in the rotation. As for the colour, after the spray the colour may be a bit darker but it ok after a while.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I started using weather protectant spray on my old suede shoes (due to fear of discoloration and/or other damage). Since none occurred, I now use it regularly on all suede shoes - before first wearing and then applied as needed.

Suede brush seems to clean all messes - I never had a need for any cleaning product. I use eraser on white bucks only - which is a completely different animal from suede.

Wet weather is OK, but salt, oil and other grime does impact suede more than regular leather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.