Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

I recently purchased a pair of Brooks Brothers Redan golf shoes (Made By Allen Edmonds).

They are normally $425.00 and I was able to get them for the great price of $99.00.

The only problem is, upon their arrival, they are a hair small in size 11D and they do not have any 11.5D's in stock.

AE has a $25 restocking fee, so my net return would be only $74.00.

Has anyone attempted stretching golf shoes and if so, was it successful?

Thank you, gentlemen.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Stretching the vamp is time consuming & difficult. I have had success in the past with full bodied shoe trees. I use a pair that compression fit the shoes I am working on, ie no spring.

I prefer shoe trees where the widest , fore-foot if you will, is split in two & allows me to use a form or spacer to adjust & achieve the width I need. I will keep increasing this width as allowed, while simultaneously laying dense cardboard flat on the insole to increase volume vertically.

If there is a removable insole in this shoe, take it out. As I am sure you have noticed with wear a foot conforms into the sole & thus increases volume over time. As this process happens the insole can later be added back into the equation.

I will also drill into appropriate solid body shoe trees to attach bunion stretchers in both the vamp & toe areas as needed.

No harm in using a shoe stretch solution as you go thru this process. I apply it internally with a sponge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.