Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by CrescentCity's money clip tales I've been looking for one on eBay, and noticed that several seem stretched, with a "gap" between the end of the clip. (Clearly, some people have more money on them than I normally carry! :icon_smile_wink:) Can this be fixed, or is it something to be wary of?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Probably occurs because they bundle credit cards and other bits of plastic up as well as money. They would be better to just use a small wallet.

I doubt it can be cured without serious risk of deforming the clip itself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got a money clip for my birthday from Tiffanys. I never stuffed it with more than just a few bills--nothing else save for my driver's license on the rare occasion, nor do I ever really carry more than about $120.00 at a time, and mostly in $20s.

Still, my clip has "stretched out" and I sometimes worry that all my (or the little amount) of money I am carrying is going to fall out.

I say pass.

And thanks for posting on this subject. I am going to bring mine in to Tiffanys to see what they can do to fix it.

I will report back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.