Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday after work. Now that I know a little more from reading here I was scared by what I saw. :teacha:

I tried on a pair of wingtips. Cheap glossy leather that could easily have passed for plastic. There was dried glue seeping out of the seam at the welt. Not particularly comfortable, and they wanted $165 for them.

Next I tried on a similar pair from the 'signature' line. Nicer leather, better seam at the welt, more comfortable. But these were $265. Heck, at that price I could buy another paid of AE at retail! :icon_smile_wink:

· Registered
51 Posts
I made an emergency visit to J&M about...

a year and a half ago. I was at an out of town wedding and forgot my shoes and only had time to go to the nearest J&M. I bought some dark brown cap toe bals from the signature line on sale. Besides having a slightly wide heel they aren't bad shoes. They're just too expensive for what you get.

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Thats a shame, I like their socks, and a have a pair of knock arounds from them that are nice but if I wanted wing-tips I wouldn't go there at this point but I would go there to at least check out their more casual leather shoes. I do like the pair I have. I would also give their belts a try. I find it weird that you can now get a shirt there but thats seems like an option only if I was at one of their airport stores and in a bind.

· Registered
1,022 Posts
Thats a shame, I like their socks, and a have a pair of knock arounds from them that are nice but if I wanted wing-tips I wouldn't go there at this point but I would go there to at least check out their more casual leather shoes. I do like the pair I have. I would also give their belts a try. I find it weird that you can now get a shirt there but thats seems like an option only if I was at one of their airport stores and in a bind.
I like their shoe trees, but nothing else.

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
I have three pair of J & M's from back in the day, when they were produced in a plant in Tennessee (I think)...all three pair are great shoes. Which makes it even more saddening to witness the depths to which the Brand has fallen. These days, I do not buy J & M's!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.