Men's Clothing Forums banner
221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I will admit to having eaten pickled pigs feet, on more than a few occasions. However, I can't say the same about chicken s feet prepared in any fashion! LOL. ;)
I’ve had them on more than one occasion. Locally (meaning NC Pa, in the past decades someone must have been preparing a variety of pickled “stuff” for local bars, including pigs feet (knuckles), turkey gizards, some sort of sausage stuff that wasn’t quite sausage, but was instant indigestion.

Can’t opine about what may be on bar counters today, as it has been years since I visited those establishments so dear to my pre-marital years, lest DW come looking for me appearing as Major Hoople’s wife, looming in the doorway, swinging a rolling pin.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I’ve had them on more than one occasion. Locally (meaning NC Pa, in the past decades someone must have been preparing a variety of pickled “stuff” for local bars, including pigs feet (knuckles), turkey gizards, some sort of sausage stuff that wasn’t quite sausage, but was instant indigestion.

Can’t opine about what may be on bar counters today, as it has been years since I visited those establishments so dear to my pre-marital years, lest DW come looking for me appearing as Major Hoople’s wife, looming in the doorway, swinging a rolling pin.
I wonder how many here know who Major Hoople was? I suppose that dates our age?

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
How about the Katzenjamer Kids? (I remember when the Major invented his fishing lure. You can still find them in collectors' circles.)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Actually looks like something I ate this past Sunday morning! Was poking around in the frig and found pieces of beef with a few (very few) mushroom pieces. I ate it and it was not bad.

DW later in the day, whilst feeding Beag, asked if I fed her yet. Said no, why? Replied, where did her dog dish go, with the beef chunks......

Learned this morning that the jar of Jif (think it's Jif) is one that was recalled for salmonella. Daughter said the peanut butter is recalled. DW said it's OK, as it's for the Beag. I replied I've been eating it. DW said don't worry, if it was infected, I would know it by now.

Life's a circus!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Oh wow. I haven’t visited this thread in a while but came for some ideas for dinner. Now I want everything!

Mrs. Troones: What should we do for dinner?

Troones: How about everything!!?

Mrs. Troones: You’ve been reading that food thread on the clothes forum again.

Troones: Ummm, no. By the way, how is your Mom doing these days?

221 - 240 of 243 Posts